Friday, April 12, 2013

I have a love/hate relationship with a pacifier.

Before having Eleanor, I was totally in favor of pacifier usage. I intended to be an awesome breastfeeding lady and wait a full 4 weeks before introducing any kind of artificial nipple (bottle included). Yeah, that didn't happen. By the end of the first week, I had stuck a pacifier in the kid's mouth. She LOVED it.


We tried a Nuk and she wasn't a fan but she adores her Soothies. She adores it so much that she wants it in her mouth pretty much anytime she is awake and not eating. She is still a great eater and if she is hungry, she spits the pacifier out. So, for us at least, nipple confusion is not an issue at all. That said, we do have an issue of her not knowing how to use her hands. Her favorite thing to do is to grab the pacifier and pull it from her mouth. She then screams like someone just tortured her. Poor girl doesn't realize she did it herself.

I love the fact that the Soothie actually does sooth her but I am so over having to put it back in her mouth every five minutes or listen to her scream when she throws it onto the floor and has to wait for it to be washed. I will be really glad when she figures out the whole hand-eye coordination thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment