Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tiny Baby

Between her 2 month and 4 months appointments, Eleanor only gained half an ounce. That's pretty insane. She fell from like the 50% for weight, down to the 10%.

Clearly, this lack of weight gain is not okay. It's frustrating for me because she seems satisfied after nursing sessions and refuses to keep nursing after a certain point. Right now, we are supplementing with bottles of formula or pumped breast milk, and she seems totally fine with taking a bottle even after she starts refusing to nurse more.

It's probably a supply problem on my end, which makes me feel like a massive failure. Has she spent the last two months being hungry? Honestly, there is a part of me right now that wants to just forget it and switch to completely giving her formula. The smarter part of me knows that wouldn't be the best choice for us right now though. I have loved nursing Eleanor, even when I haven't necessarily like (3am feeding, I'm talking about you). And despite her lack of weight gain, she is thriving. My kiddo is so strong and healthy. I've got to give breast milk some props for that.

For now, I'm completely fine with supplementing with formula and trying everything known to man to increase my milk supply. I'm just hoping that these things work and my little lady packs on some pounds. We need more baby chub in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment