Thursday, August 29, 2013

Date Night in Support of a Friend

Arlie is the best friend I have made since moving to Southern California. She was even in my wedding. Simply put, I adore her. Last night, she graduated from the senior level improv class at comedy sportz, and as such, was in an improv show with her classmates.

I've known about the show for a few months and have really been looking forward to seeing my friend perform and be funny. I had a pretty strong feeling she would be great at it (spoiler alert: she was). However, I was pretty nervous about leaving Eleanor with someone else. It was a little hard to find a babysitter since we needed someone to do it at our apartment and most of the people we know that want to watch a baby have babies of their own. We finally did though.

A friend that D and I used to work for volunteered to hang out in our living room for a few hours while Eleanor slept. We put Ella to bed before we left and she slept like a rock the whole time we were gone. We checked in on her through the video monitor a time or two just for reassurance.

It was nice to be out of the house after 6:30. It was especially nice to be able to cuddle up next to my husband and interact with other adults. I laughed a ton and talked a ton. Having Eleanor has definitely made me bolder than I used to be in social situations.

I'm so proud of Arlie and I am so glad we got to watch her show! I expected to laugh a little, but mostly because that was my friend, you know? But I was laughing because it was literally hilarious. It was a free performance, but I would have happily paid to see it. I hope she does more improv and that I get to watch more!

No comments:

Post a Comment