I was let go from my job on Monday. The only part of it that was surprising is I was going to start maternity leave in like two weeks. I'm not super happy about the way it was handled. I wasn't told directly, well, ever. They told D and knew that he would tell me. It was a little bit weird.
I was sad for a few days, but probably more angry than anything else. I'm pretty at peace with it now. It was probably for the best. The company was not the right fit for me, and I was, apparently, not the right fit for the company.
I had decided that I would start searching for a new job, one with flexible hours and a better working environment. It was one of the things that was making me excited for the upcoming year. So really, it just bruised my ego a little that I was let go instead of getting the chance to quit. It would have felt nice to get to leave on my terms.
Seriously though, who fires a lady that is 34 weeks pregnant? That just seems like bad karma. It's like firing someone right before Christmas... oh wait, they did that too. I'm glad to be gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment