Friday, January 18, 2013

Third Trimester Terribles

Today was rough. It was partially my own fault. You see, I left my water bottle at home and we only have a few cups in the kitchen at work and they were all taken. So, I definitely had less than my normal  bajillion ounces of water (I'm exaggerating by saying a bajillion, but only slightly). With time, I have learned that water is the secret cure-all to almost all pregnancy things and when I don't drink enough, it sucks. So yeah, partially my fault, but still. The sucks.

If you google Third Trimester Pregnancy Symptoms you get a pretty long list of unpleasant things. (Is this like starting a high school paper with the dictionary defines word as blah blah blah?... that was my favorite trick to take up space). Anyway, the list is as follows:

  • Weight Gain 
  • Braxton Hicks Contractions 
  • Backaches 
  • Shortness of Breath
  • Heartburn
  • Swelling
  • Spider Veins, Varicose Veins, and Hemorrhoids 
  • Frequent Urination 
  • Vaginal Discharge
I have approximately 77.7% of those symptoms. I'll let you guess which ones. I try not to complain too much because my pregnancy has been pretty easy and complication free. But today was rough. I found myself, a few times, looking down at my belly and saying, "get out Eleanor!" Then I would quickly remember that I am not full term and our car is in the shop until the end of the month. Never mind kid. Get comfortable and stay a while. (At least, until your due date). In the mean time, I've got a giant thing of off brand tums, comfortable bathrooms, a heating pad, and a glass of water to keep me company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment