Monday, December 31, 2012

30 Weeks - Update

I should have started doing this much earlier, but I am just now finding the motivation to do it. I would just put it off all together, but I always wanted to know what my mom's pregnancy was like in more detail, especially now that I am pregnant.



Countdown: 10 weeks

Baby size: The baby is a bit over 3 pounds (she was 3.2 right before Christmas, 62 percentile for weight) and around 18in long. Roughly as big as a head of lettuce according to my what to expect app.

Symptoms: I still have right hip pain if I stand or walk for a long time. Other than that, just minor issues like occasional heartburn. It's starting to get really uncomfortable to sleep, like I just can't find a comfortable position anymore and wake up every 2-3 hours.

Cravings: I don't have strong cravings for any particular thing right now. I do still have an aversion to chicken but it's not as bad as it was in the first trimester.

Best Moment of the Week: We had an ultrasound on Christmas Eve and Eleanor was doing wonderfully. It was so fun to watch her moving around and she has the most adorable cheeks.

Worst Moment of the Week: D surprised me with brunch at a place in Hollywood on Sunday. When we got up to leave, there was a gush of liquid that made me think my water had broken. It was really scary because Eleanor definitely isn't ready to come out yet. It turned out to not be a premature fluid rupture and everything was okay. But it was a scary moment nonetheless.

What I am Looking Forward to: I'm looking forward to getting more stuff to prepare for Eleanor. We still need a lot of the big items (car seat, crib, etc.) and I'm starting to get anxious about it. We also just signed up for a baby care class at the end of January. We may sign up for more but that one seemed the most important for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment