Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Baby Kicks

 The other night, I was complaining to D that I hadn't felt Eleanor move much in the past few hours. I'm a very paranoid mama to be. Anything out of the ordinary makes me worry. Knowing this, D was instantly trying to put my mind at ease and reassure me that everything was fine. He pointed out that everything else had been perfectly normal that day. As he was acting as the voice of reason, he laid his hand on my stomach and pressed down slightly. Sure enough, Eleanor kicked the tiniest bit in protest to the invasion of her space. She is already teaming up with her dad to make me look unreasonable... the next eighteen years should be loads of fun. Really though, feeling that one little kick was enough to put my mind at ease. It let me know that she was still in there and that she was okay.

Later that night, she was back to her typical activity level and a little more. It almost made me feel silly about worrying in the first place. Only almost though. I mentioned her crazy movements to D and he turned to look at my belly. Within a minute, she kicked so hard that my entire stomach moved. It's not the first time it has happened, but it's the first time that my husband got to see it. His reactions are always so funny, as if he is convinced at first that I am somehow manipulating my non-existent ab muscles in some crazy way. He was the same way when he felt her move for the first time. I get it though  It's really weird thinking about the fact that there is a tiny little person living inside me that wiggles, kicks, and hiccups. It's weird but wonderful. Just like my husband's silly reactions.

There are so many down sides to pregnancy and I have complained about plenty of them. Trust me, I've told my fair share of people to never get pregnant because it's awful (usually on days I am being dramatic). There are some things I am going to miss though. Feeling Eleanor kick and move is definitely one of those things. In just a few short months, she will be here and I won't be able to put my hands on my belly and wait for her sweet little movements anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment