I love three day weekends. Having D home for an extra day feels so special, even more so now that I spend all of my days at home with Eleanor.
I had such wonderful plans for this Memorial Day Weekend. We were planning on just lounging around the house, having slow cuddly days bookended with yummy meals. While that kind of happened on Saturday, with a pancake breakfast and steak dinner, it was terribly interrupted by a very irritable Eleanor. Today was not much better.
The poor girl seems to not be feeling so well. She has spent a good portion of today and yesterday crying inconsolably and refusing to nurse. The refusal to nurse is frustrating for me because it's my job to feed her, and when I can't, I feel like I am failing. It also sucks for D to spend his limited home time with such a fussy girl.
Tomorrow, we are driving down to San Diego to pick up D's sister. She is going to visit for a few days. I'm holding out hope that Ella feels a little better and doesn't cry so much. She usually does really good in her car seat, especially for decently long drives.
I guess this has been my first real lesson in the baby completely not acting in a way that goes along with my imagined plans. Still, the weather has been lovely and my husband has been home, so it's a great weekend. Even though my baby is cranky, I'm going to appreciate this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment