Friday, June 7, 2013

Rashes and Rolling Off Couches

This week has been on the hard side. Not really the week so much as yesterday and today.

Yesterday, I noticed a little bit of a rash between Eleanor's legs and under her arms. By the time D got home last night it was much worse. The rash appeared as just flat red blotches. It didn't seem to be bothering her at all. It was on every portion of her body, but mostly avoided her face.

We called the after hours line at the pediatrician's office and they just said to monitor her overnight. I called the pediatrician today to reconfirm that advice. They said to watch her and as long as it continues to fade and doesn't start to bother her it should be fine.

On top of all the stress in dealing with this rash with unknown causes, Eleanor rolled off the couch. I left her for just a few minutes, long enough to run upstairs and grab some diapers. She was sleeping on her back.

From up the stairs, I heard her cry out. I raced out of the room, but assumed I would just see a cat bothering her (they have yet to do anything, but I figure sooner or later, you know). I looked down to the couch and I didn't see her. Panic mode set in. She was in the floor on her stomach, screaming at the top of her lungs. I picked her up and after a few minutes of soothing she seemed okay. Thankfully, she had rolled off and onto a throw cushion that was in the floor. Thank goodness for throw cushions.

I still have no idea how she went from her back on the couch to on the floor on her stomach and pointing in the opposite direction that I had left her. After I picked her up and she calmed down, she seemed fine. Still tracking objects like normal and latching to eat.

I feel like the worst mom ever today. My kid has an unidentified rash which I am convinced I somehow caused and I left her alone so she could roll off the couch. Rationally, I know that I am being unreasonable in feeling like everything is all my fault. For some reason though, I can't get myself to believe that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment