It's my first ever Valentine's Day as a married lady. I have mixed feelings about the holiday, but really, I can't turn down a day where I get to have lots of pinks and hearts and mushy sentiments.
Last year, D and I were living together, but he was super sick. The year before we were still in different states. So, not only is this our first Valentine's Day to be married, it's kind of our first Valentine's Day that we get to celebrate together. I was excited.
My night started with being greeted by a beautiful bouquet of roses, some chocolates, and a sweet card. The roses smell delicious. They are making our entire living room smell better.
Then, D helped me zip up my dress, which I can just barely squeeze into. I bought it around this time last year, and never seem to find an occasion to wear it, even though it is one of my favorites. It was nice to have a reason to get all dressed up since I haven't been doing that much lately. I should do it more often really. It makes me feel better and more confident in myself, which is something I can totally use right now. Plus, D would be happy to get the 50's style housewife routine for a while I'm sure. Heck, I may even greet him with a drink when he gets home.
We then headed off to dinner. I wasn't sure where we were going and the route D drove gave me no clues, at least not for a while. We ended up at one of D's favorite places. Chick-fil-a.
It was kind of cute actually. I know it's one of his favorite places to eat and they were doing a special Valentine's date night thing. Table service, decorations, live piano playing, and a free milkshake were included. I guess it could have ended badly for him, but I thought it was funny. And really, I don't need much to be happy. A date night, some chocolates, and an excuse to dress up are perfectly fine with me. I'm just glad that he put some effort into making this a special night and the location of said night would never change that.
I hope you all had a wonderful day with your loved ones. I know I did.

No comments:
Post a Comment