Please tell me that the sarcasm in that title is obvious. It should be, really. Morning sickness is never ever nice to see... and it's not nice to experience either.
I shouldn't complain. I really shouldn't. My first trimester morning sickness was a breeze compared to most other pregnant ladies. I only threw up a total of four or five times. My nausea could mostly be controlled by making sure I ate frequent small snacks. As long as I had something in my tummy, I didn't vomit or get too crazy nauseous. It got a little worse whenever I had to be in a car, but even then it wasn't that bad.
Don't hate me please. I get it, I was super lucky.
That doesn't change the fact that my morning sickness is back and badder than ever. Still not a ton of vomiting, although in a few short weeks, I have wildly surpassed my record in the first three months. This time around, the nausea is way less predictable. Keeping my tummy full doesn't always mean I'm not going to throw up. Plus, trying to keep my stomach full is much harder considering my appetite has grown immensely in the past month or so. Seriously, I feel like I could eat as much as an olympian swimmer and be just fine with it. The problem is, my stomach is cramped for space. So eating just a little makes my stomach feel bloated, but it doesn't necessarily mean I am full. It kind of means that I am having to choose between sure fire nausea from an empty stomach or feeling overly stuffed.
Sensitivity to smells has also returned full force. That makes public bathrooms a nightmare. Nothing is worse than being in a stinky bathroom and then getting sick.
Brushing my teeth is a really bad trigger for me too. It sucks so much. It's one of the only ways to make my mouth feel less gross after getting sick, but sometimes, it causes me to get sick all over again. I just can't win. I do try to substitute mouth wash sometimes. I can tolerate that a little bit better.
I realize all of this is pretty normal morning sickness related complaints. And honestly, I don't think I would complain so much if this had all happened in the first trimester. No one told me that there was a chance it would come back in the third trimester. I wasn't prepared. I was prepared for back aches and uncomfortableness, not more vomiting. So, newly pregnant ladies, this is my warning. Morning sickness is not always just a first trimester thing. It's sneaky.
No comments:
Post a Comment