Tuesday, February 19, 2013

One Last Trip

With Eleanor's arrival getting closer and closer, I find myself getting more and more nervous about, well, everything really. But today, I am going to focus on my nervousness surrounding my relationship. D and I weren't exactly planing on getting pregnant when we did. I have known I wanted to be a mother my entire life, and am so excited that I am getting the opportunity to do so. I'm just really nervous about the effect that it's going to have on my role of wife. I love my husband, obviously. That's why I married him. I'm just scared that with a new baby our relationship might get pushed aside for a while.

I'm sure that Eleanor will cause some changes in the relationship that I have with my husband, but I want to try and minimize those changes as much as possible. The only way I have come up with doing that so far is frequent talks about life after she gets here and taking some last minute time for ourselves doing things that we enjoy and won't be able to do after she arrives.

Last Saturday, the weather in Southern California was beautiful. It was too pretty to stay inside, so we decided to go for a drive. D bought a convertible before I moved here... for a long time it was our only car, so we have a lot of memories in it. Many of my favorite memories involve driving up the coast, including the weekend that D proposed. There is no room for an infant seat in a convertible  so I know that it's something that can't happen as often after the baby comes.

We drove up to Santa Barbara and walked along the pier. We had ice cream and watched some dolphins and browsed through stores looking for things that said Eleanor on them. Nothing was over the top, but it was really nice to just be out in the sun and by the water. I'm going to miss getting to ride along side my husband with the top down and the sun shining. He loves getting to really drive his car and I love getting to snap pictures of the pretty landscapes we pass. It was a perfect thing for the two of us to do it together.








No comments:

Post a Comment